Links to software supporting NeuroML
Details on the current support for NeuroML in a number of software applications can be found here.
Links to Other Related Projects
Standards Projects for the Biosciences
- INCF Programs: Standards and Guidelines for Large-Scale Modeling
- SBML: The Systems Biology Markup Language
- CellML: Model Sharing in biology and beyond
- BrainML: Includes standards for electrophysiology data
- MGED/MAGE/MIAME: XML standards for the microarray community
- CARMEN: Code Analysis, Repository and Modelling for E-Neuroscience: The CARMEN Project is a consortium effort to create a virtual laboratory for neurophysiology led by 11 UK universities. CARMEN researchers are contributing to the development of NeuroML as an aid to model sharing.
- PyNN: The PyNN initiative, which started as part of the EU FACETS project, seeks to create a specification for a set of common Python commands for setting up neuronal network simulations. For more see here.
Database Projects Relevant to Neural Models
- ModelDB: Curated database of published neuroscience models
- NeuronDB: Searchable database of neuronal properties with links to neuron types
- NeuroMorpho.Org: Curated inventory of digitally reconstructed neurons
- NeuroSys: Database system with Napster influences
- CoCoMac: Connectivity database for Macaque monkey cortex
- neurodatabase.org: BrainML Data Server
- Virtual Ratbrain: MorphML-based tools for neural reconstructions